Guys, DMZ your Wii

Organize online games with other fans.

Guys, DMZ your Wii

by Narudog » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:00 pm

Well I have been trying to figure out how I can get no lag on Nintendo Wifi, because I play Call Of Duty on it and there was horrible bullet lag, so much that you had to shoot 2 feet in front on someone to hit them. But when I did this I now join matches 5x faster, and when I am in a match, I have host or 3 bars, and my bullets hit directly. It's amazing. I recommend it.

1. Log into your router (usually http://192.168.1.1/). If you don't know your router's IP, use the "Run..." command in Windows and put in "ipconfig" and hit enter. One of the values it returns should be "Gateway" and you'll have an IP address for the Gateway: that's your "gateway" to the internet, aka your router's IP address. Put it into a browser window as the URL and hit enter.

2. Find the router's DHCP connection list. On this list, you will find your Wii (if it's on and WC24 is running, that is).

3. Copy your Wii's IP address and go to the router's DMZ section (DMZ = demilitarized zone, meaning all ports open).

4. Put the Wii's IP address into the DMZ, save the settings and reboot the router.
Narudog
Paco Elephantè the Water Buffalo

Re: Guys, DMZ your Wii

by Poisentoad » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Though I really don't have lag problems, I'll remember this for future reference. Nice find.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

by Dr. IVXX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:53 pm

this actually fixed my PS3s problem of kicking everyone off the router when it connected. Also fixed the problem with my room's computer where it just wouldn't load certain sites (google, yahoo, secured sites).
ImageImage
ImageImage
Goombachi wrote:DREW: The original dope big shot.

Nightmare on May 13th at 12:28am wrote:something something memes sword fighting jetstream rodrigez
Dr. IVXX
I Feel Hardcore

by Narudog » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Dr. IVXX wrote:this actually fixed my PS3s problem of kicking everyone off the router when it connected. Also fixed the problem with my room's computer where it just wouldn't load certain sites (google, yahoo, secured sites).

Yeah, I just think its more suited for a console because what console needs a firewall?
Narudog

by The Revolution » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:16 pm

so when are we going to play some brawl?
were you Expecting a sig?
The Revolution
His Excellency

by Narudog » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:52 am

The Revolution wrote:so when are we going to play some brawl?

When all of you guys do this so we have no lag, :D
Narudog

by Poisentoad » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:10 am

I tried but I don't get it. Anyhoo, I'm goo as far as lag goes anyway.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict