Lava Pirahna vs. Crystal King

Cheer your favorite characters to victory.

Re: Lava Pirahna vs. Crystal King

Postby Goombachi » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:57 am

milosbro wrote:Make a large bush fire and bring a large 1m sized Ice cube and try to throw the large Ice Cube into the fire, yeah the fire will still stay up and melt the ice cube in a couple of minutes.

Not if you completely smother the flames.
milosbro wrote:And I think fire will win 95% of the time anyways bro.

That's your own (incorrect) opinion. If you can't accept an official, purposeful, and logical addition to the Paper Mario series, I don't know what to tell you. And even so, here are some of the MOST common archetypes in literature:
http://blogs.spsk12.net/3785/files/2008 ... etypes.pdf
Fire vs. Ice is #7 on that list and would most assuradely not be there if fire completely overwhelmed ice in every scenario.
If one was weaker, then Rare wouldn't have made Chilly Willy as strong as Chili Billy in Banjo-Tooie (or even have Hailfire peaks at all, for that matter), George Lucas wouldn't have made the blue container that freezes Han Solo into the ice-like substance (carbonite) while surrounded with red lava-like boilers, and Paper Mario wouldn't have contrasting fire and ice locales.
Goombachi
Your resident ectobiologist

Postby Darkseid » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:27 am

Goombachi wrote:
milosbro wrote:Make a large bush fire and bring a large 1m sized Ice cube and try to throw the large Ice Cube into the fire, yeah the fire will still stay up and melt the ice cube in a couple of minutes.

Not if you completely smother the flames.
milosbro wrote:And I think fire will win 95% of the time anyways bro.

That's your own (incorrect) opinion. If you can't accept an official, purposeful, and logical addition to the Paper Mario series, I don't know what to tell you. And even so, here are some of the MOST common archetypes in literature:
http://blogs.spsk12.net/3785/files/2008 ... etypes.pdf
Fire vs. Ice is #7 on that list and would most assuradely not be there if fire completely overwhelmed ice in every scenario.
If one was weaker, then Rare wouldn't have made Chilly Willy as strong as Chili Billy in Banjo-Tooie (or even have Hailfire peaks at all, for that matter), George Lucas wouldn't have made the blue container that freezes Han Solo into the ice-like substance (carbonite) while surrounded with red lava-like boilers, and Paper Mario wouldn't have contrasting fire and ice locales.

Oh gosh school is your life isn't it?
If it comes down to games (never mind in real life matters) in Mortal Kombat Fire ALWAYS beats Ice, and in Paper Mario, Fire can beat Ice as well okay.
ImageImage
Kept you waitin' huh! Solid Snake NOT Naked Snake.
Darkseid
MK Champ

Postby Goombachi » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:08 am

No, school isn't my life. I just think repeating archetypes in literature is interesting, is all.
And again, this isn't Mortal Kombat so that point is irrelevant. If it were against two Mortal Kombat characters, I could see your point, but it's not.
True enough about Paper Mario, but ice is also super effective against fire as well. My argument has never been that ice was stronger, just that both are evenly matched against each other.
Goombachi

Postby Darkseid » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Yeah I agree these topics are interesting, but I call it more of a debate in what is stronger. But, if Ice ALSO has an advantage over Fire, then that means somehow, lava can beat water, correct?
ImageImage
Darkseid
MK Champ

Postby Poisentoad » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Doesn't water harden lava?
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Postby Goombachi » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:25 pm

milosbro wrote:Yeah I agree these topics are interesting, but I call it more of a debate in what is stronger. But, if Ice ALSO has an advantage over Fire, then that means somehow, lava can beat water, correct?

Lava=/=Fire. Lava's actually closer to the earth element, despite its heat. but fire can evaporate water if hit from a distance, and fire tends to be weak against water creatures (shoot a fireball at a Boss Bass, for example), so yeah, possibly. But in that case I'd say water almost always has the other hand.
Goombachi

Postby K Rool » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:01 pm

I could never beat Huff N' F***in Puff.
They were sinking or swimming, I was floating away

Real Join Date: October 2005
K Rool
Reptile King

Postby Goombachi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:44 pm

He's not too hard if you go crazy with Mario and then do Spiny Surges with Lakilester. Repel Gels are also nice for the thunderstorm attack, but you can switch out to Bow if you don't have any.
Goombachi

Postby Darkseid » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Actually I did at one stage find Lava Pirhana very hard until you get a lot of ice items or hp & fp healing items. Thunder Rage will help as well.
After you figure him out, he's like the easiest boss in the game.
ImageImage
Darkseid
MK Champ

Postby Goombachi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Just spam Tsunami and there's literally nothing he can do to you after the first half. Weird that he would have such an exploitable weakness when he's supposed to be really hard.
Goombachi

Postby K Rool » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:49 pm

I used snowman dolls, and I dont think he hit me once...
They were sinking or swimming, I was floating away

Real Join Date: October 2005
K Rool
Reptile King

Postby Goombachi » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:01 pm

Snowman Dolls work too.
Goombachi

Postby Baron » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:53 am

Well if it was a evenly matched setting with no advantages or disadvantages, I would say its evenly match and but I'm going to say Crystal King since it has the ability to throw crystals and it would work against lava pirahna since it would take it time to go underground, making it open to attacks when it pops up from the ground making it an easy target. If the Lava Pirahna attacked with its fireballs, it would shoot the fireballs 3x opposed to a single fire spitting pirahna. Well it is shown in mario games that a fire spitting pirahna spits a fireball at a fairly slow rate, making it easy for crystal king to counter with ease. So I'll go with crystal king.

Wario is Great!
Baron
Paragoomba

Previous

Return to Character Battles