Nathan Graves vs Jonathan Morris

Cheer your favorite characters to victory.

Who would win?

Nathan Graves
No votes
Jonathan Morris
100%

Total votes : 2

Nathan Graves vs Jonathan Morris

Postby Nightmare » Sun May 10, 2009 2:17 am

Nathan Graves:
Possesses a standard leather whip called the "Hunter's Whip", and a few standard subweapons for ranged combat. Unlike Jonathan, he can use a variety of magic attacks, from elemental manipulation to crafting more powerful weapons.

Jonathan Morris.
Possesses the legendary Vampire Killer, but cannot use it correctly. He has no magic powers, but his arsenal is vastly superior to Nathans, being trained in anything from hand to hand combat, swords, or grenades.
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Re: Nathan Graves vs Jonathan Morris

Postby Poisentoad » Sun May 10, 2009 2:19 pm

The magic in Castlevania (from what I've seen) isn't very ranged and it takes charging to use it's full power giving the enemy plenty of time to dodge. Morris has a crap load of ranged weapons and I think that would work more in his favor than magic. His close ranged combat probably isn't the best but when you have weapons like grenades, kunai, boomerangs, discs, shuriken, giant iron ball, etc. etc. etc., it really doesn't need to be.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Postby Nightmare » Sun May 10, 2009 5:19 pm

PoisonToad wrote:The magic in Castlevania (from what I've seen) isn't very ranged and it takes charging to use it's full power giving the enemy plenty of time to dodge. Morris has a crap load of ranged weapons and I think that would work more in his favor than magic. His close ranged combat probably isn't the best but when you have weapons like grenades, kunai, boomerangs, discs, shuriken, giant iron ball, etc. etc. etc., it really doesn't need to be.

Nathan uses a card based system of magic, not tomes. The bulk of his magic is instantaneous. http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Dual_Set-Up_System

Also, the only weapon that Nathan has that Jonathan doesn't is a watch that can stop time, but it isn't very useful. The only ability Nathan has that Jonathan doesn't is that he can cling to walls.

I'm not voting, since I think they're about evenly matched.
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby Poisentoad » Mon May 11, 2009 8:15 pm

Oh wow...they both had whips so I assumed both were in the Castlevania series. I didn't read the page but from the few words I caught when I skimmed, maybe Nathan would win...
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Postby Nightmare » Thu May 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Ok, so now I've played both of their games. Nathan's "magic" works sort of like mix and match. You combine an element, like fire or ice, with an effect, such as a different weapon or ability. So you could have stuff like a flame whip or a barrier made of wind, etc. But you can only have one combination at at time. The powers activate automatically when you press a button, and Nathan flashes. From what I've seen so far, none of it has to be charged up.

Also, minor detail. Jonathan can spin his whip manually by moving the control pad while holding it, but Nathan can simply hold down the attack button to spin his whip constantly, but the range of Nathan's spin is pretty short.
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby Darkseid » Thu May 14, 2009 11:36 pm

If a person is a master with hand to hand combat, I'm gonna have to go with Jonathan Morris.
ImageImage
Kept you waitin' huh! Solid Snake NOT Naked Snake.
Darkseid
MK Champ

Postby Nightmare » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:55 pm

On this subject, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is one of the GBA classics now available on Wii U. Woo!
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby HylianDev » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:32 pm

So much Castlevania released recently!
HylianDev
Paragoomba

Postby Goombachi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:40 pm

Oh cool, I may actually pick that up, should save me some money picking up the copy from eBay.
Plus it gets some more mileage out of my Wii U, which is nice.
Goombachi
Your resident ectobiologist

Postby Poisentoad » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:44 pm

I actually downloaded that after hearing it was on VC. I think I just want to play as a short haired protagonist.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Return to Character Battles