Overwatch

Discuss games and systems that are not made by Nintendo.

Overwatch

Postby Catnip » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:42 pm

I have spent literally days of my life playing Team Fortress 2, so when everyone was making comparisons to a new class based shooter that was supposedly similar to TF2, my attention perked up.

Overwatch.

Blizzard's new comical, unique, colorful, and amazing FPS.

Any thoughts on it? Overall, here are mine...

-I find it shockingly balanced. 21 different classes, but none are complete without a solid team behind them. Overall, it's the strength of your team and its willingness to WORK as a team that will determine who wins.

-Having said that, the moments that it isn't balanced stick out even more. Not sure if it is just me, but there are certain classes that seem more powerful than others to deal with. Again, I suppose it is all situational, but I can't stand fighting Genji on certain maps...

-It is pretty light on content (for now), which is why I'm glad I got the $40 version that just has the game itself and no silly, fancy skins or anything.

-The matchmaking is imperfect - probably because it was relatively recently released so people are concentrated at low levels even though some people at the same levels probably have vastly different amounts of skill - so some matches are real busts. I will say, though, that if you can get a good match where your team is playing a healthy mix of attack, defense, and support heroes, the competitive battle is an absolute blast and leads to some very memorable moments.

Overall, I really think Overwatch is an 8 or even a 9. But what are your thoughts?
Narudog wrote:I added a song, its called Carmell...it kicks ARSANAGE! Yes, I created that word.

Hey...check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCImo78 ... WQF_t2bSzQ
Catnip
Catz Meow

Re: Overwatch

Postby Narudog » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:04 am

I bought the game after a friend really wanted to play. I wasn't going to buy it because I didn't feel I really needed it. But I bought it more of a side game to play.

I've been trying to play one hero from each class. I like Pharaoh because she her kit lets her do a ton of AOE damage. Plus her shots have travel time which works better for me oddly.

And I can't get enough of Road Hog, hooking heros out of mid air is so satisfying.

But overall I like the game. It is very casual friendly, as there is no level ups or builds. But that is a nice change once and a while.
Narudog
Paco Elephantè the Water Buffalo

Re: Overwatch

Postby Catnip » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Roadhog is one of my favorites! He's so tanky and can heal himself. He's easy to play even if the rest of your team is meh.

I've also been playing a lot of Mei, Zenyatta, D.va, and Lucio. I like Tracer, McCree, and Widowmaker too, but I'm pretty garbage with them.
Narudog wrote:I added a song, its called Carmell...it kicks ARSANAGE! Yes, I created that word.

Hey...check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCImo78 ... WQF_t2bSzQ
Catnip
Catz Meow

Return to General Gaming