Nintendo 3DS question(s)

Discuss games and systems that are not made by Nintendo.

Nintendo 3DS question(s)

Postby Smashmatt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:30 am

Maybe a general topic for 3DS questions but for now, I have a serious question.

So for a while, I've been noticing that the touch screen on my 3DS is wonky, it doesn't work right, specifically it thinks I'm tapping a different part of the screen then what I'm actually tapping (it's either slightly to the right or to the left... or somethings, I don't even know). I've tried calibrating it, but it doesn't seem to work. I was thinking about sending it into Nintendo ti possibly fix, but then I had another idea.

I'm interested in getting a 3DS XL, or even a 2DS, but I don't want to throw out all the save data, downloadable games, or my Mii and Streepass Plaza data. Is there any way to transfer the data from one 3DS console to another?
Smashmatt
Smash Master

Re: Nintendo 3DS question(s)

Postby Nightmare » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:20 am

Best way I can think of is an SD card to transfer all the data. Move everything you want to one and just swap it to another. Maybe see if you can move mii plaza data too and other channels and the like.
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby Poisentoad » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:57 pm

I believe you can also register your games on your club nintendo account. And in the event that your system breaks, I believe you could send the new one to NIntendo and they'll put all of the registered games onto the new system. Though I'm not entirely sure.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Postby Smashmatt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:58 pm

Yeah, I managed to figure out how to transfer my data, both on my old 3DS and on it's SD card, which is good, because the 3DS XL has a 4GB SD card and I'd rather use that then the 2GB one I had with the regular 3DS. I'm actually worried that I didn't do something right, or that it won't work since I just copied it from my original SD card, but hopefully, things will turn out fine.

So yeah, that's my problem solved, anyone else having 3DS problems?
Smashmatt
Smash Master

Postby Poisentoad » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:20 pm

I don't have one. That's a problem.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Return to General Gaming