Capcom Now Open for Potential Purchase

Discuss games and systems that are not made by Nintendo.

Capcom Now Open for Potential Purchase

Postby Smashmatt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:49 pm

http://www.gengame.net/2014/06/capcom-s ... -purchase/

Fingers crossed that Nintendo buys them up, it just feels like a match made in heaven... plus, Nintendo clearly seems to know what to do with Mega Man (and maybe other properties) then Capcom does, if Super Smash Bros. is any indication.
Smashmatt
Smash Master

Re: Capcom Now Open for Potential Purchase

Postby Poisentoad » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:46 pm

I don't think Nintendo is going to buy a dead company. But boy would that open the doors for Smash.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Postby Goombachi » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:54 am

It's not really dead at all. There's still ungodly amounts of money in Street Fighter, Resident Evil, etc. Hell, even Mega Man would be hells of profitable if it got rebooted correctly.

No, the problem was that Capcom got too big for itself to handle and it sort of collapsed under its own weight. Nintendo would be VERY willing to buy.

The problem is...would shareholders really want Street Fighter 5 on 30 million Wii Us rather than 150 million XBox Ones and PS4s? I don't really think so, so they'd probably be iffy about it.
Goombachi
Your resident ectobiologist

Postby Poisentoad » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Eh, I don't know how business works. Everyone seems to hate Capcom right now so I just assumed it was bad. Though my personal frustration stems from the 3+ canceled Mega Man games.

I hope the sales are bad enough so that it wouldn't make a difference if they were Nintendo exclusive.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Return to General Gaming