Beard Blade - Relive SNES/GBA Platformers

Discuss games and systems that are not made by Nintendo.

Beard Blade - Relive SNES/GBA Platformers

Postby Smashmatt » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:27 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I miss that classic SNES look... The Game Boy Advance had some excellent graphics as well! When it comes to Indie games, you usually see games aping the 8-bit NES look, and while it's cool for some games, it's a touch overused... which means a game with this kind of aesthetic feels really refreshing! From Glovebox Games (which currently consists of two people), the Kickstarter for Beard Blade has about 18 or so days to go, and the goal is $95,000. As I'm writing this post, it's currently at $11,392, so it still has quite a ways to go.

For those curious to what the game's actually about, it's about a guy named Branson, aka "Beard Blade", and he must embark on a quest to save his town's stolen good and uncover a dark secret. To do this, he's got this amazing beard that can transform into a number of amazing things that will help him move around, solve puzzles, and beat up bad guys. It's kind of like a mix between Shantae and that one episode of Dexter's Laboratory when Dexter makes a synthetic beard for himself and teams up with Action Hand to beat up a bunch of badass bearded foes. Sounds like an awesome premise to me! To learn more, check out the Kickstarter page, which also comes with a demo!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gl ... f=category

If you can't donate, at least spread this Kickstarter around, I think it could really use the support. FYI, I'm not part of the game's staff, but I DID back the game (it's the first Kickstarter I backed even), and I REALLY want this game to succeed.
Smashmatt
Smash Master

Re: Beard Blade - Relive SNES/GBA Platformers

Postby supertoad » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:11 pm

This looks like a great game. I hope they're able to release it even though they probably won't reach their kickstarter goal. It looks like they've taken it quite far without the funding so far.
supertoad
Site Admin

Return to General Gaming