Dat Writer's Craft.

Post, read, and discuss fan fiction as well as original works.

Dat Writer's Craft.

Postby Amavesta » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:08 am

We had to write 650 word short stories for my Writer's Craft class, based on experiences in our own life. Here's mine. Tell me what you think >.>

In Time

My best friend really is out of this world. And yes, I do realize that no one uses that term anymore, but frankly, I don’t care. When you find that certain someone that you’re meant to spend the rest of your life with, you just know. This is true for best friends as well, not just spouses.

I still remember the day we met, way back when in eleventh grade biology. I felt like a huge loser, sitting at the back of the class and moping because I just knew that I wouldn’t have a lab partner. It wasn’t until our next period class – religion- that I actually spoke to him. He sat directly in front of me, and I had no problem staring at the back of his head. By the end of the day I realized that we had three out of four classes together, and that this year might not be as bad as I expected it to be.

By the time we realized our mutual love for bad humor, music that our parents would not approve of, and video games, we were inseparable. It felt like we were meant to be friends, but through the cosmos of the universe it took us sixteen years to finally find each other.

I didn’t think it was odd to have a guy as a best friend, although it appeared that way to others. Our mutual friends thought we were dating; sure he was attractive, with his brown hair and green eyes, but we were too close of friends to even consider dating. That isn’t to say that we didn’t love each other, because we did. There are relationships where people are meant to be in love, but just aren’t meant to be together, and that’s what we had going for us.

By the time December rolled around, it seemed as though we had been friends since birth. The thought of losing him over the two weeks of Christmas break made my heart sink. Luckily enough for me we were both going to Florida, close enough to each other that we could spend a day together after Christmas. Through some kind of crazy fate, we always found each other. I was scared that I would lose him again after exams were over, and the new set of classes started the following week. To my surprise, there he was in my sixth period class, saving a desk for me as if he knew I would show up.

We knew all about each other, and he was the one person I could tell anything to. We had this sort of, extra sense, where we knew what was wrong with each other, even if we never talked about it. He was always able to make me laugh when I was angry, and make me smile when I was sad. He kept me in balance with my life, and I couldn’t imagine a day without him by my side. We were in constant contact with each other, and shared every aspect of our lives. That’s why I was so worried when he started to become distant. He shared less and less of his personal life, but always greeted me with a smile. A smile that said, “I’m here for you.”

That chilly April morning is one I’ll never forget. The sky was grey, and the wind was blowing hard. We had talked the night before, and I was looking forward to seeing you in class the next day, but you never showed up. After 48 hours without hearing from you, I was in hysterics. I remember being called down to the office the next day, and being handed a slip of paper. There, in your inky scrawl, were the simple words, “Goodbye best person.” They never knew why you had killed yourself; I just knew that I hadn’t found you in time.
Amavesta
Tweeter

Re: Dat Writer's Craft.

Postby Nightmare » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:11 am

Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby Amavesta » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:39 am

SHANKS NIGHT.

And yes, I did mean shanks, not thanks. I'm typing with a lisp today.
Amavesta
Tweeter

Postby Goombachi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:30 am

no you meant flanks clearly
Goombachi
Your resident ectobiologist

Postby Catnip » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Excellent story, you can hear your voice in the writing... I can't believe that actually happened. I'm sorry to hear it. :(

That's an A+, or you should shoot your teacher.
Narudog wrote:I added a song, its called Carmell...it kicks ARSANAGE! Yes, I created that word.

Hey...check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCImo78 ... WQF_t2bSzQ
Catnip
Catz Meow

Postby Nightmare » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:27 pm

CATNIP YOU'RE ALIVE
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby Amavesta » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Nippy, the whole story is true but the ending and the part about not dating. He can be distant sometimes, but he never actually killed himself...

We did see each other while we were both in Florida, he does call me "best and most favorite person," and he is my best friend of all time. He also broke up with me and is confusing as hell...but I digress. I love that kid :3
Amavesta
Tweeter

Postby Poisentoad » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:08 am

Ooh, so you used a fake sob story to get an A. Cleveeer.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Postby Nightmare » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 am

Amavesta wrote:distant sometimes, but he never actually killed himself...

Oh

Catnip stop being so distant, you're making people worry
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby Amavesta » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:25 am

PoisonToad wrote:Ooh, so you used a fake sob story to get an A. Cleveeer.

Actually I used the "surprise ending" thing that my teacher seems to be a fan of. I've gotten an A on the first 2 assignments we've done, so hopefully I can make it 3/3. >.>
Amavesta
Tweeter

Postby Poisentoad » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Did you turn it in yet? Revise it and make him gay :D
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Postby Amavesta » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:17 am

So...I let him read it today. I'm starting to think that wasn't a good idea.
Amavesta
Tweeter

Postby Dr. IVXX » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:08 am

i actually felt horribly depressed and was really close to crying at the end.

then i read you made it up.

you bitch.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Goombachi wrote:DREW: The original dope big shot.

Nightmare on May 13th at 12:28am wrote:something something memes sword fighting jetstream rodrigez
Dr. IVXX
I Feel Hardcore

Postby Poisentoad » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:16 pm

So I guess it's official. I AM the manliest on this forum.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Postby Goombachi » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:31 pm

I'm not sure, let's see.
*unzips pants*
Goombachi
Your resident ectobiologist

Next

Return to Writing