Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem: The Radiating Mystery Chapter 1

Post, read, and discuss fan fiction as well as original works.

Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem: The Radiating Mystery Chapter 1

Postby Nightmare » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:08 pm

The crunch of sand drifts across the open space of the desert with nowhere to go. Three young men trek through the golden terrain slowly, as is weighed down. “It must be at least a hundred degrees out here,” said the slender one with light blue hair and almost feline features, “we need to find some shelter before we all fry, Ike!” The tallest of the three, with dark blue hair and armor as if armed for battle, and armed with a sword to match, licked his finger and held it up. After a brief moment, Ike commented “You’re right, Ranulf. There’s no wind at all.”

The third man, enveloped in black robes with a red mark on his forehead and charcoal black hair, spoke up. “We should look for Hatari; if what Queen Nailah told us was true, it should be around here somewhere. We don’t want to end up like that guy, now do we?” Ike took a surprise to seeing the figure on the ground that third man noted by seeing movement. “Soren, I don’t think that man is dead!”

The trio ran to the body on the ground, sunburned and covered in sand, barely breathing. The man is elderly, clothed in a kaki outfit and a hat fit for an explorer. “Are you alright guy?” Ranulf questioned. The crust coving the person’s eyes broke as they opened to a squint. “…Trevor…?” The three looked at each other, wondering what he meant. “No, Trevor isn’t here. But we can help you. Come on.”

“We don’t have many food rations to spare, but we have to help him.” Ranulf said, feeding the man some jerky-like meat. “Thank you, young man. I can’t walk well yet, though…” Without a second thought, Ike picked the man up and the four continued their search for the city of Hatari.

An hour later, Ike starts stumbling with the weight of the man. “We need to take a break, maybe. I can’t carry this guy for much longer.” Standing on his own, the man reassures them that he can walk on his own. “If you don’t mind us asking, what is your name?” Soren asks. “I’m Jeremy, an archaeologist. I can tell you more later, but first we need to find shelter.”

“There are some clouds of dust on the horizon, so it looks like we won’t have to travel for much longer anyway.” The sound of horses galloping hummed in the distance, slowly becoming more prominent. Soren realized that danger could be ahead, and warned the others. “Maybe we should wait a while. We don’t know who we could meet out in this desert.” Taking his advice, they sit down and rest for a while, until the clouds finally die out in the east. The three continue their journey.

After some time walking, Hatari gates are right in front of the travelling group. “Amazing…this city really does exist!” an exasperated Jeremy exclaims. As they enter the gates, they notice that the city has been damaged and looted. “This is really bad, guys. Laguz aren’t easily attacked, so whoever did this must have been vicious. We need to go see the Queen.” Ranulf suggested.

After finding food in abandoned houses and taking some time to rest, the four head for the palace. Inside, they find Nailah, Queen of the Wolf Laguz. She is elaborately dressed in expensive clothing, with silver hair and several markings on her skin, showing that she is of the Laguz species.

“General Ike, good to see you again. I’m terribly sorry for the mess. What brings you here?”
“Your majesty, my friends and I left Tellius to explore parts unknown.”
“You will not find much beyond mountains to the North, and an empty desert to the South.”
“Pardon me for interrupting,” Jeremy inserted, “But my sources indicated that ruins of the ancient Zunanma tribe could be scattered all across the Desert of Death.”
“Queen Nailah, what happened to Hatari?”
“We were attacked by bandits, Ike. We tried to fight back, but one of them had fire magic…”
“My fire tome!” Jeremy shouted. “That’s the tome that was stolen while I was sleeping in my camp earlier on my expedition! We have to go after those bandits!
“Ike, he may be on to something.” Soren said. “If we follow the bandits back to their hideout, there is a good chance that we can find Beorc civilization.”
Queen Nailah saw an opportunity. “Ike, I hate to press our matters upon you, but would you be able to help attack the bandits and retrieve our stolen property?”
The four men conversed with each other in private for a moment, before reaching a consensus. “Your majesty, we would be glad to help you.”
“The kingdom of Hatari will be forever grateful to you for your service. I will send my retainer Volug with you.” As Nailah spoke, the muscular man standing next to her stood forward. He had dark grey hair and similar skin markings. He spoke his response to his Queen’s offer in a strange language, which he stopped to translate. “…I will go.”

In a matter of hours, Ike, Soren, Ranulf, Jeremy, and Volug were packed and ready to follow the bandits. As Ike had noted earlier, there was no wind, which made it easy to track the footprints of the horses in the sand back to where the bandits fled to. With this, the party’s adventure truly began.
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Re: Fire Emblem: Radiant Expedition Chapter 1

Postby Nightmare » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:09 pm

I honestly can't think of a better titled with a form of "Radiant" in it.
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby Goombachi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Marshall, Will, and Holly...on a radiant expedition!
Goombachi
Your resident ectobiologist

Postby Nightmare » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:35 am

Any feedback? I don't really think this is my best work.
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby Nightmare » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:43 am

Also this name sucks. Does anyone have anything better?
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby Goombachi » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:53 am

I think the story's doing alright so far. Don't give it up yet.
How about Fire Emblem: The Radiating -Insert emotion you're going to convey here-, i.e. The Radiating Sorrow.
Goombachi
Your resident ectobiologist

Re: Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem: The Radiating Mystery Chapter 1

Postby Nightmare » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:40 am

Well, it sounds better than what I had. I'll keep it for now.

*Will attempt to write more in the future when not being lazy*
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Return to Writing