My ideas

Post, read, and discuss fan fiction as well as original works.

My ideas

Postby Smashmatt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:11 am

So I just came up with this neat idea for a story, but I don't know how to go about it...

Anyway, I decided to make a thread about the various ideas I have and how I go about them. Comment on what you think of these ideas, and if I get around to them, I may actually write them out someday...

Anyway, let me start with my first idea, one that dates as far back as my childhood.

The Magnificent Eight (Tentative name)

I call it The Magnificent Eight because around the middle of the story, it centers around eight main characters, though since it's only good for that part of the story, I'd rather not call it that for the WHOLE story. Anyway, the main story centers around me, or rather, my author-inserted fantasy persona that looks nothing like me in real life. This is mostly because I originally thought of this as a kid, and I looked less nerdy back then. Other then me, the main characters include:

-my brother, S.P. (initials for Samual Pattington; also note I don't have a brother in real life)
-my adoptive "brother" and best friend, Knuckle (an obvious rip-off of Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog, because I was a huge fan of Sonic back then and I loved the character I created so much that I didn't bother changing him)
-Mr. Cartoon Man (an actually original character, meant to look like a poorly drawn cartoon character, usually called "C-Man" for short)
-Bill Rivalis (my rival; originally a arrogant bully but eventually turns into one of those "cool, non-talkative" characters)
-Mr. Mime (again, based on something else, in this case Pokemon; he's a mime that talks and hates being called a clown; kind of the "tough guy" of the group)
-Susan Viper (an anthropomorphic snake/lizard woman, originally bad, but eventually becomes Knuckle's love interest)
-Sheila *forgot last name* (a dragon princess that eventually becomes my love interest... Boy, that sounded weird)

There are some things I should explain, like how dragon's in my story have the ability to take on human forms, sort of like the laguz in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and that C-Man is a member of this species I made up called the "cartoonians", who are all basically poorly drawn cartoon characters, each one looking like three circles stacked on each other (like a snowman), and each one possessing their own unique hat, which is the source of their overall life force. Other major characters include Orin, C-Man's more intelligent brother, a small Demon child which Matt and Sheila take up as their own, a mad scientist with an exposed large brain and a grudge against me and my family, and this one guy (I call him Vincent, though I still haven't planted firm on a name) who's basically a "major minor" character, in that he has an important role from time to time, but he's not as important as the main case; a recurring joke is that Mr. Mime continuously forgets his name.

I think I'll stop there for now, I might go on later, but I think that's enough to get a general idea of the characters. There are various plots, but for the most part, it involves just watching these characters live out their lives. Like I said before, the original idea goes back to when I was a kid, but as I grew older, I added more and more characters and ideas to it. Like, for example, it was originally just myself, S.P., C-Man, and Bill, then I added Knuckle, then Mr. Mime once I got into Pokemon, then Susan, then Sheila, and so on and so forth. It's kind of interesting to see my own idea evolve before my eyes, actually... I'm very fond of this idea, and I hope people out there would like the stories I come up for it.

The Golden Warriors

Basically, it's my own idea involving video game characters. It's basically about a team of heroes known as the "Golden Warriors", originally consisting of Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, and Kirby, but later adding other heroes (or anti-heroes) to their ranks, such as Samus Aran, Pit, Luigi, and Wario. The plot changes as the story goes one. At first it's about the Golden Warriors finding artifacts from each Nintendo-based world (at first I had no firm idea of what these artifacts were, but I decided upon Smash Balls after watching the original Super Smash Bros. Brawl trailer), then it involves the Golden Warriors fighting off and evil known as the Shadow King (this time by visiting more Nintendo-based worlds and asking for help from the heroes there, too), then it involves a war between Nintendo and certain third-party franchises, most prominently Halo, and the final story arc is kind of blurry, it involves the Golden Warriors going to the "real world", and seeing that their lives are really just games to these people there.

Anyway, I believe I talked about this story once before here at Toad's Castle, but I've made some alterations since then. I have different story ideas, and the formation of the team of "Golden Warriors" is different now (somewhat).

For those of you that are curious, I wrote the first chapter of the epic story out already. It's on deviantART:

http://papermatt202.deviantart.com/art/ ... d-65599715

I don't know when I'm going to get around writing the follow-up to it... I'm a procrastinator. Still, it's another story I've been thinking about for a long time, and I enjoy thinking about it every once in a while.

Felonious Monk-Monk

I wrote THIS story for a creative writing class back in High School; it was kind of fun to write! I originally got the idea by thinking about the Hamburglar chasing a monkey. I was thinking a lot about the Hamburglar at the time, seeing as he's one of my favorite McDonalds characters, and the idea sort of formed in front of me! The story goes like this:

Ronald McDonald is approached by the heads of McDonalds, saying he has to find a way to imrpove sales. He decides to get a monkey sidekick, and he tells the Hamburglar to get one for him, in exchange for letting slide his tendency to steal hamburgers. The Hamburglar makes a deal with a corrupt Zookeeper and buys a monkey from him, but the monkey escapes into a city, and finds a new home in an apartment where a girl named Jessica lives. She's a business lady and usually stern, but warms up to the monkey, whom she decides to call "Monk-Monk". She notices that Monk-Monk calms down and relaxes whenever she plays Jazz music, which she discovers when Monk-Monk finds he old saxophone and music sheets. My idea was she originally wanted to be a professional Jazz musician, but her parents wanted her to take a more reliable route. Every day when Jessica goes to work, Monk-Monk would escape and explore the city, all the while running from the Hamburglar.

I thought it was a rather cute story, but I'm going to have to change Ronald McDonald and the HAmburglar to avoid any copyright laws, if I plan to actually go anyway with this idea. I plan on adding to deviantART... If I can ever find the original file where I wrote it...

New REality Show Idea

I literally came up with this idea last night, as I was thinking about who would win in a fight, a pirate or a ninja? Then I thought, what if a cowboy were to enter the mix? And a zombie? And a robot? And an alien? And a monkey?!

Then I got the idea of a story, a reality-show based story where all the things nerds like me like come together and live with each and see the results! Since I just thought it up, some ideas are still up in the air, which is why I'm posting this, to see if any of you have ideas to add to this. The host, who I have yet to fully identify, but he's kind of like Chris Maclean from Total Drama Island, invites several strange people to stay in this one house for a chance to win big! The residents of this house include:

-A pirate by the name of Edge-blade Eddy, who gets his name because the edge of his blade is the last thing his victims sees. He's got a peg leg, a hook for a hand, and an eye-patch, though really, he only wears it because he used to have pink eye in that eye, but he kept the patch because he liked it so much. He loves to party, but is very easily angered.
-A ninja. This is where I need help; I need a good, Japanese ninja name. And ideas? He's very skilled and tends to be more serious, though he does have a soft stop for cute animals. He and Eddy immediately get off on the wrong foot.
-A cowboy, known as Bulls-eye Bill. He's kind of a narcissist and prides himself in never missing a shot (or at least not missing twice when he threatens other residents). He's also a chain-smoker and loves alcohol, though not to the extent of Eddy. He also has a horse, whom I have yet to name.
-A vampire; pseudo-inspired by Twilight, he can walk around during the day, though he usually carries an umbrella to protect him from the sunlight. He tend sto look down on mortals, though he's a relatively nice guy when he's not sucking blood. I want to call him "Melchior", and call him "Mel" for short, what do you think?
-A robot; still no name for him, but I also want to give him his own serial number/code as well. He speaks in the same kind of voice Stephen Hawking's computer voice does, and he definitely sees and lifeform, be it living, dead, or extra-terrestrial, as inferior to robots. I'm not sure, but I kind of see him as being the leader, or at least he thinks of himself as the leader.
-An alien; I have yet to find a name for him. From a distant planet, he is asked to both represent his homeworld, and observe and record life on Earth. He uses very proper and polite English, only because it's the most basic form he's learned so far, and he als tends to speak in his native language when frustrated, stressed, or surprised. He gets along well with the robot.
-A zombie; I want to call him Z-gor, from this Homestar Runner cartoon I watched. Z-gor at first seems like a typical mindless zombie, but can actually speak English fairly well, it's just that the damage to his brain caused a speech impediment. He tries to fight his zombie instincts from eating flesh while on the show, though sometimes he can't help himself. He also walks in a limp.
-A monkey; Still working on a silly name for him, got any ideas? He's treated more like a pet then an actual resident, but he's still a member of the group like anyone else. The ninja immediately grows attached to him because of how cute he is, and protects him from random dangers he tends to get into.

I was also thinking about adding a cavemen and a werewolf to the group, though I think this should be enough. Any comments?

...Phew, well, that's it for now. I do hope you all like my ideas. Please comment on them, I want to hear your opinions.
Smashmatt
Smash Master

Re: My ideas

Postby eastdail » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:26 pm

the ninja should be called Haki Jomiso
WRECKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUU
eastdail
Shy Guy

Postby Smashmatt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:21 pm

eastdail wrote:the ninja should be called Haki Jomiso

Where'd you get that from?
Smashmatt
Smash Master

Postby Heavy Mole » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Out of those you listed, I would personally go with the Hamburglar/Thelonious Monk idea, simply because it's the most "out there". It focuses on unusual characters and juxtaposes the unlikely themes of McDonald's and jazz. I also find that putting yourself in an absurd predicament as a writer is a good way to generate material (for comedy, anyway). Just give yourself a crazy situation and ask yourself, "okay, how could this possibly work?" That's what I did for almost a complete novella based on Hotel Mario, before I scrapped that version of it.

"Sig this, Heavy Mole."
--Goombachi

"Anyone else like going up to people and just messing with them?"
--Narudog

"Heh"
--mushroom_mage
Heavy Mole
Hammer Bro

Postby eastdail » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:46 am

Smashmatt wrote:
eastdail wrote:the ninja should be called Haki Jomiso

Where'd you get that from?
dont know. just thought of it after 5 seconds
WRECKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUU
eastdail
Shy Guy

Postby Catnip » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:59 pm

If you know anything about my writing style, you know I love characters. I say you go with the Magnificent Eight because of the interesting diversity of these eight characters. I'd like to see your rival, your brothers, and your cartoon man come together and see what happens to them. As I said, the diversity, one being a freaking laguz, adds to the fun.
Narudog wrote:I added a song, its called Carmell...it kicks ARSANAGE! Yes, I created that word.

Hey...check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCImo78 ... WQF_t2bSzQ
Catnip
Catz Meow

Postby Smashmatt » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:53 am

Well, she's not a "laguz", as this isn't the Fire Emblem universe, but it's something like that.

I really appreciate you saying that, seeing as this is one of my longest running ideas. I actually have one story written out, but I don't know where it is, or where it's been stored...
Smashmatt
Smash Master

Postby Catnip » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:18 am

Smashmatt wrote:Well, she's not a "laguz", as this isn't the Fire Emblem universe, but it's something like that.

I really appreciate you saying that, seeing as this is one of my longest running ideas. I actually have one story written out, but I don't know where it is, or where it's been stored...

I absolutely HATE it when that happens.

Anyway, to be honest with you, after rereading your ideas, I'd definitely say I like that one the most...mostly because of the anticipation building up towards the middle when they are all together, then the relaxation once they've all split up again (you DID say that was the case, right?)
Narudog wrote:I added a song, its called Carmell...it kicks ARSANAGE! Yes, I created that word.

Hey...check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCImo78 ... WQF_t2bSzQ
Catnip
Catz Meow

Return to Writing