Goombachi wrote:I'm assuming this is major/main villians, yes?
5) The Wily Bomber- Yes, I'm putting a Game & Watch character here. He's just such an asshole! Dropping thousands of bombs on a poor defenseless bank guard...that's pretty hard-core.
4) Captain Syrup- For more than just the fact that she's a female. She also has the wonderful ability to control some pretty powerful minions without the brute force of Bowser or the brains of someone like Grodus. She is the shining example of how anyone can be evil if they put their mind to it.
3) King Dedede & Meta Knight- I feel that neither character is really complete without the other, so I'm putting them both here. In a way, Kirby is often the villian of the game, but you fight against these two, so they're listed here. The comic relief-style antics of Dedede compliments the die-hard honor of Meta Knight quite nicely.
2) Wolf-Incredibly quotable and one of the greatest boss fights of all time in Star fox 64. I also love the concept of fighting against a team of people that is essentially you, only with no sense of honor. It's a good improvement on the "doppleganger" theme because Wolf doesn't want to be Fox...he wants to improve upon the original. Great theme music too.
1) Smithy-Better than Bowser in every way thanks to his rock-hard commitment to his objective. A lot of people don't care for him because he only appears at the end, but I think that it makes that encounter that much more memorable. And how many villians make pillars squish you from nowhere, make swords rain from the sky, and have a tank for a head? Not many. He'll do anything, including kill himself in the process, to take you down. His first theme is also my personal favorite in SMRPG, and his second one's not too shabby, either.
I didn't think too hard about this...these are just off the top of my head.
Nightmare wrote:Foreman Spike - He was the original Mario series jerk before Wario. He's not to evil, but he was motivated by money, and would even side with Bowser for the right price.
Dr. Albert Wily - Very persistant. He was never really evil, but was just jealous that Dr. Light got all of the glory. Which is pretty weird considering that Wily has built dozens and dozens more Robots than Dr. Light has, ultimately including Bass and Zero, two of the coolest characters in their respective time periods.
Wolf O'Donnell - For a lot of the same reasons that Goombachi said, especially about how it's an intense dogfight through the whole battle. Now a days he isn't as cool as he was at his introduction, because he was BRITISH.
Psycho Mantis - The coolest boss fight ever! He's got all of the stuff a good villain has: powers, a drawn out backstory, a cool outfit, and humor. The damage Psycho Mantis caused to the Forth Wall was almost unrepairable.
Dr. "Eggman" Robitnik - The best villain of all. I can't describe how great a villain he is. He went from a random generic mad scientist with no history or real goals other than taking over an island into the complex villain we all know and love. Sometimes, he really is evil, and hellbent of destruction or conquest, but other times, you can clearly see that he's just underappreciated and wanting attention(like building so many assistants, and putting his face on all of his battleships). He motives and ultimate goals can shift from crystal clear to quite foggy in a single cutscene. Not to mention that awesome Sonic characters came from Eggman one way or another, as he introduced charaters like Metal Sonic, Chaos, Emerl, Gamma and Omega into the story. He has lots of technical skill, and even though he sits and builds all day, he still finds the time to keep his obese body in peak physical condition, enough to keep up with others famous heroes and villains. And unlike most villains, he will side with heroes for a common goal. With all this combination of character and depth, Eggman easily becomes one of the greatest video game villains of all.
Catnip wrote:5) Twinrova (Ocarina of Time)- Ganondorf's surrogate mothers and just as wicked as him. These two brainwashed the Gerudo who dared challenge their son and then put her in armor and challenged her to Link. Link had no idea he was fighting the woman he had met 7 years ago.
4) The Black Knight (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- I count him as a villain, in the end he was serving Ashera, plain and simple. After surpassing a legendary swordsman in strength, Ike named him his final mentor after he died proudly.
3) Bowser (Super Mario series)- He may be comical, but to be honest with you, he uses advanced technology to sometimes alone force his way through an army of Toads and steal the woman of his dreams.
2) Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time)- First of all, he killed. Crazily. He also waited long enough to gain the eternal trust of King Hyrule before making his move, and even slaughtered King Hyrule and his men.
1) Smithy (SMRPG)- Anyone who can force Bowser out of his own castle is a true villain in my book. Causing two arch rivals to team up and even forcing a princess into battle makes his master plan truly master.
supertoad wrote:I only have Smashmatt's permission to post it as an article but if anyone else wants me to post theirs let me know--maybe I can turn it into a viewpoints page.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest