E3 2016

Use the Nintendo forum for all Nintendo related discussion. Topics include Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, or any other Nintendo games.

E3 2016

Postby Narudog » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:59 am

Okay lets start a new E3 thread.

I've watched one of the Tree house episodes, which had Pokemon and Legend of Zelda at least so far. I think it is really convenient that Sun and Moon lets you see the details of the moves in battle. There have been many times that I wish I knew what a move does exactly. The atmosphere of this game also interest me, the games seem to have a more relaxed tone to them. I skipped out on the last one or two games, but I will for sure be picking up Pokemon Sun.

I have not gotten to see too much about the Legend of Zelda game. I will get back once I watch more of it.

Also, am I just confused but is there not a big Nintendo Press Conference like past years? Is it just these Tree house episodes?
Narudog
Paco Elephantè the Water Buffalo

Re: E3 2016

Postby Poisentoad » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:37 am

Yeah I think in 2014 or 15, Nintendo stopped doing live shows and stuck to pre-recorded directs to announce new stuff.

The new Zelda looks really great to me. Like everything I wanted in a Zelda. I can't really get into Pokemon anymore but I like seeing the new designs. The designs this gen seem to be very good. Though I did watch the first episode of Pokemon XY and the animation was really good and the fighting was fun to watch.

I'm still incredibly curious about the NX. It seems likely now that Nintendo is going back to cartridges for their home consoles which is really interesting. And of course the rumor that it's a handheld/console hybrid.
Poisentoad
Coffee Addict

Postby Nightmare » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:03 pm

In terms of how often games were mentioned on social media over e3 week, Zelda won by a landslide. The second place game was Battlefield One and it got mentioned barely half as many times as Breath of the Wild. So Nintendo pretty much won e3 this year.

I saw some things that interested me, for sure. Dead Rising 4 has me very hyped. Sun and Moon look solid, Zelda looks phenomenal. I'm looking forward to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided as well, though I'm worried I might not be able to invest a ton of time into an RPG-ish game at this point in time.

Still, it looks these next years or two will be pretty solid for gaming.
Nightmare
Bot Hunter

Postby Goombachi » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:07 am

It's not a surprise that Zelda was the most talked about game, considering it basically was Nintendo's entire conference.
E3 was a bit of a dud for me this year, didn't really get me hyped for much, but the showings there were solid enough. It just takes a lot for me to get interested in dropping $60 for AAA games these days. Blame Steam.
Goombachi
Your resident ectobiologist

Postby Narudog » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:48 pm

Poisentoad wrote:Yeah I think in 2014 or 15, Nintendo stopped doing live shows and stuck to pre-recorded directs to announce new stuff.

I'm going to miss listening to Reggie's voice the whole time, to be honest.

And I'm happy to feel excited for the new Pokemon games again. The last time I felt this way was back when Diamond and Pearl came out. I'm hoping I am not disappointed!
Narudog
Paco Elephantè the Water Buffalo

Postby Phantom Triffle » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:38 am

Nightmare wrote:In terms of how often games were mentioned on social media over e3 week, Zelda won by a landslide. The second place game was Battlefield One and it got mentioned barely half as many times as Breath of the Wild. So Nintendo pretty much won e3 this year.

I saw some things that interested me, for sure. Dead Rising 4 has me very hyped. Sun and Moon look solid, Zelda looks phenomenal. I'm looking forward to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided as well, though I'm worried I might not be able to invest a ton of time into an RPG-ish game at this point in time.

Still, it looks these next years or two will be pretty solid for gaming.

This E3 was rather weird, I thought. At first, I felt like Sony won, but then I realized that, like, two of their games had actual release dates, so for all we know it could be 2018 before we get to play the rest. I actually felt like the PC panel was the best of the bunch with Microsoft coming in second. I liked the Zelda gameplay, but that is literally the only game that exists that I would want for the Wii U. I am hoping that the NX has a really strong line up whenever it launches. I want to throw money at you Nintendo, I really do!

I'm rather upset with Dead Rising 4, so far. They replaced Frank West's voice actor without even contacting him about reprising his role and he's done the role in everything including: Dead Rising 1, Dead Rising 2 DLC, and Dead Rising 3 Spin-off DLC. They've also managed to make Frank act very unlike himself. I'm really hoping that the plot twist is we are playing as an imposter Frank West, but I dunno.

Mafia 3 is the must have game and winner of the show for me. I've always been a fan of the Mafia games and I'm really excited with how they've managed to make a living city, plus they've made lieutenants that react to your choices.

Watchdogs 2 also looks sick, but I recognize that I am one of the rare people that really enjoyed the first one despite all the controversy (with the graphics).

I'm also looking forward to Tyranny which is being made by my favorite game studio, Obsidian Entertainment. For some reason, Tyranny hasn't had a lot of marketing and is off most people's radar because they don't even know it exists :( Tyranny takes a core concept that I've always wanted to play in a video game, "You work for evil and evil has already won by the start of the game" It sounds super promising :D
Phantom Triffle
1500 posts! PM supertoad for custom rank

Return to Nintendo